Ok so the other night my family and I were sitting at the table and my husband and I were having a conversation. It went something like this.




Me: "So babe, how was your day at work?"


Babe: "It was good...I need to ---"


Micah: "MOM MOM MOM!!!!"


Babe: "---go to the library---


Micah: "MMMOOOOOMM!!!


Me: "Micah, you see mommy & daddy talking? Wait!"


Micah: "But MOM I can eat 3 bites of my food? and I can have a brownie?"


Me: "No sweetie you need to eat all of it. Now, finish your food."......."ok babe, you need to go to the library?"


Babe: "yeah where's the nearest library at?"


Me: "Oh there's one on 23rd past the highway...."


Micah: "MOM, MOM MOM MOM!!!"


Babe: Trying to talk over our 3 year old " I need to check out like 20 books"


Me: "YEAH? We have a fine to pay first though...."


Micah: " MOMMMMM!!!!! MOM I CAN EAT 3 BItes AND HAVE A BROWNIE?!!?? I ATE 3 BITES!!! I WANT A BROWNIE!!"


ME: "Eat all your rice at least micah, mommy and daddy are talking, finish your food....all of it"


Babe: "Micah eat all your food---"


----What were we talking about???




Later on that evening on my way to a friends house to pick up something...I sat in my car thinking...'Where did he say he needed to go?' ---I thought and thought for like 5 minutes straight until finally I was like OH YEAH the library! 20 books? Why would he need 20 books? Wow...what a conversation. I don't even remember if he told me why he needed 20 books or not....later when I get home we finish our conversation while the kids are asleep.




Tell me tell me. Does this ever happen to you? The period where your little one is learning that it's not nice to interrupt? Tell me your story. =D


Labels: | edit post
2 Responses
  1. Shirley Says:

    It's been a long time since my son was little. But since then I read a tip somewhere to put your finger on the child's nose (after explaining beforehand what it means) to indicate that you heard that the child has something to say but you are talking with someone else first and the child will have to wait her or his turn. I don't know if it works but it sounded like a good idea!


  2. Jen Says:

    This seems like a really good idea! Thanks I'm gonna try it =D


Post a Comment