So ever since I've been married, I have tried to keep to a somewhat strict meal planner. I know it may seem a bit cheesy, "hey family, it's taco tuesday!"...lol, but believe me when I tell you I have seen the difference in our wallet. Those weeks where we just wing it, we end up buying only what we are craving and end up w/ no real meals. So before I shop I look at our 2 week meal plan and shop accordingly. I make a grocery list w/ our budgeted amount and write down my estimated price next to each item. This way I can see how much I'll be spending ahead of time. Here is an example of our menu. We tend to change it up a bit every once in a while, this is just the basics.

Monday
Breakfast: Pancakes, eggs and juice
Lunch: Grilled Cheese Sandwiches
Dinner: Pot Roast (can be used for 2 days....I love my crockpot)

Tuesday

Breakfast: Oatmeal and bananas
Lunch: Beef Stir Fry and white Rice
Dinner: Tacos and Rice

Wednesday
Breakfast: Omelette w/ cheese
Lunch: Chicken Quesadilla
Dinner: Chicken and Rice

Thursday
Breakfast: French Toast
Lunch: Fish and Rice
Dinner: Pizza

Friday
Breakfast: Pancakes and Eggs
Lunch: Sandwiches and Chips
Dinner: Pot Roast and Potatoes

Saturday
Breakfast: Oatmeal and fruit
Lunch: Beef stir fry
Dinner: Tacos and rice

Sunday
Breakfast: On-the go stuff
Lunch: Spaghetti w/ italian sausage
Dinner: Sandwiches and Chips

And then of course I buy snacks w/ whatever money I have extra. I usually limit it to about $5-$10 and they are usually snacks for the boys. Well this is just my little thing that helps keep me sane and a little richer...lol. Riiiight. I challenge you if you don't already to try this and see what a difference it makes in your life.
0 Responses

Post a Comment